Ballot Access Petition Instructions
WHO CAN SIGN THE BALLOT ACCESS PETITION? WHO CAN CIRCULATE IT?
- Any registered Ohio voter may sign the petition, regardless of current or prior party registration.
- Any registered Ohio voter may circulate the petition, but a circulator may not sign a petition form he or she is circulating.
- Neither signing nor circulating a petition will result in a change of party registration of any kind.
WHAT FORM DO I USE?
Use this form: PETITION FORM
Each petition must be on legal sized paper (8½” x 14”). Make sure you have this size paper before trying to print the form yourself.
Each petition must be double-sided and must be printed with the top of page two at the bottom of page one. So, if you flip the page from bottom to top, page two will be ready to go.
HOW DO I GATHER SIGNATURES?
The person who circulates a petition must personally witness each signature on that petition being signed. Do not allow anyone to sign on behalf of someone else, and NEVER sign for anyone, even if he or she asks you to.
Use only INK, dark blue and black highly recommended.
- Each petition form must contain voter signatures from ONLY ONE county. If you are in a borderline neighborhood or a festival/fair/event, take more than one petition with you.
- When deciding how many forms to take with you, always overestimate how many you need.
- The address must be legible, and the signature should be as similar as possible to the one used when registering to vote. The county Board of Elections will first look up the ADDRESS of each petition signer, then check to see if the signature resembles one they have on file for a registered voter at that address.
- CD# (congressional district number) column—see SoS district map
- Complete the Circulator's Statement; name and the number of signatures actually on each individual petition.
- You may turn in forms with only a few, or even just one, signature.
- Sign at the end and fill in your address.
WHERE DO I SEND PETITION FORMS?
All completed petitions should be sent to:
Constitution Party of Ohio
P. O. Box 3, New Lebanon, OH 45345
If you have any questions, please call 330-400-3444 or send a message on our CONTACT page.
© copyright Constitution Party of Ohio - All rights reserved
P. O. Box 3, New Lebanon, OH 45345 - 330-400-3444 - firstname.lastname@example.org